The contest is sponsored by the Newton Area Arts Council and features separate contests for adult and youth participants. Winners will be announced on April 20 during a reception held at the Carriage Factory Art Gallery, 128 E. Sixth St., as part of the Art & Music in the Heart of Newton event. Both online and paper voting is available. To vote online, go to www.newtonarts.org and click on the art contest link. Paper ballots will be available at the businesses where art will be on display.
Artwork will be displayed at:
* 701 Café, 701 N. Main St.
* Carriage Factory Art Gallery, 128 E. Sixth St.
* Clayworks Gallery, 417 N. Main St.
* Faith & Life Bookstore, 606 N. Main St.
* Kitchen Corner, 607 N. Main St.
* Midland Bank, 527 N. Main St.
* Prairie Harvest, 601 N. Main St.
* Newton Chamber of Commerce, 500 N. Main St.
* Wilson Chiropractic Clinic, 230 W. Sixth St.
Adult contest winners will receive $100 for first place, $75 for second place and $100 for People’s Choice. Youth contest winners will be awarded $25 for first place and People’s Choice.
For more information about the art contest go to www.newtonarts.org or call Carriage Factory Art Gallery at 316-284-2749.